BIR Further Extends Tax DeadlinesMay 7, 2020
How to Pay Taxes Online?May 11, 2020
Any person, firm, association, partnership, corporation, or any other form of business organization, regardless of nationality, control and/or ownership of the working capital thereof may apply for the registration as an Export or Free Trade Enterprise within the ECOZONE with corresponding guidelines.
ECOZONE or Special Economic Zone are areas with highly developed or which have the potential to be developed into agri-industrial, industrial, tourist, recreational, commercial, banking, investment and financial centers whose meters and bounds are fixed or delimited by Presidential Proclamations.
An ECOZONE Enterprise is legally considered registered if it has a Certificate of Registration (COR) duly issued by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) with date of registration appearing thereon. It must also possess a Registration Agreement which is the final agreement executed by the PEZA and the ECOZONE Enterprise setting forth the terms and conditions for the latter’s operation of business or engaged of economic activity within the ECOZONE. The date specified in the Registration Agreement is considered as the Start of Commercial Operations (SCO) or the date when the particular ECOZONE export enterprise actually begins production of the registered product for commercial purposes, whichever comes first, irrespective of phases or modules or schedule of development.
Before the PEZA could issue the abovementioned certification, an application should be first made by the ECOZONE Enterprise through which the following requirements are needed:
- Copies of articles of incorporation and by-laws;
- Resolution of the applicant’s board of directors authorizing the filing of the application;
- List of its directors, principal officers, and major stockholders, including their bio-data;
- List of machinery and equipment to be used by the applicant with a statement of their capacity, ownership and/or mode of procurement;
- Company brochures and/or photographs of product(s); and
- Other supporting documents/papers clearances as may be required by the PEZA depending upon the nature of the business and the type of business organization of the applicant.
For more information, click this link: http://www.peza.gov.ph/index.php/getting-started