From downloading an electronic copy of incorporation documents, Securities and Exchange Commission leveled up its public service when it implemented its online business registration last November 2017 through the Company Registration System (crs.sec.gov.ph).
To access the site, the user must:
1. Create an Account and Login
Create an account using existing email address and use it to access and login.
2. Select Application Type
Choose “register a new company” among other application types.
3. Verify Name
Select the company and industry type to verify the proposed company name.
4. Add Company Details
Fill up the online application forms that will be displayed. Data, including full names, addresses, birth dates, and Tax Identification Numbers/passport number, entered in the form/s will be used to generate documents (PDF files) such as Cover Sheet, Articles of Incorporation, By-Laws, Treasurer’s Affidavit, and other company registration documents. Download documents, notarize then upload them for the next step.
5. Upload Documents
Upload all required documents listed and shown in the system. Choose “submit” for processing, review, and approval of SEC.
6. Wait for SEC
email Wait for the email message of the SEC stating payment of filing fees or notification of compliance findings. If there are findings, do the necessary revision, submit and upload the document.
7. Pay the filing fees and upload proof of payment in CRS
Print the order of payment and pay the filing fees through the following options.
– If paying over the counter in SEC, give the order of payment to the assigned processor and have it signed before going to the cashier.
– Upload the proof of payment in the CRS to wait for the notification of submission of documents and completion of the process.
8. Submit the hard copies of the registration documents
Bring the hard copies of the registration in SEC and submit the documents and have it stamped received.
9. Pick-up the certificate of incorporation
Wait for the email of SEC for the release of the certificate of incorporation or follow-up SEC for the specific date for release of the certificate.